Monday, May 7, 2007

Arrival


Finally, we have arrived at the Pacific and at last I may be rid of that damn fool. Fortunately, his own prolifgacy and vicious habit of body will provide me the very outlet that I need to remove myself from his tedious company. Is there anything sadder than the end of a beautiful friendship between men? Needing to solace myself in Nature, I have travelled up the coast with young Smith and observed the sea lions baying like Pashas on their rock, the fine green sea dashing clear over them, and streaming like silvered ribbons down the rock. I attempted to capture the ebb and flow of this marine life, I think, successfully, in this little oil, which I can sell for $125. in the town, enough to see me halfway home. (Luckily, I was able to procure some excellent Parisian colors from a lady in the town, lately from France. See how the immoral trade serves Art, even in this depraved and desolate spot!)

No comments: